EHP AND NORWEGIAN FUNDS - PROJECT CULTURE BREAK BORDERS
April 2022 – March 2024
The main goal of the project is to strengthen the business of Roma music artists in the Czech Republic in the music and cultural industry by 31 March 2024.
The secondary objectives are:
- to raise awareness in society about Romani musical culture, Romani musical artists and important cultural events with Romani participation,
- to alleviate the social exclusion of the Roma through their increased involvement in the music and cultural industry,
- in cooperation with the Norwegian partner to test in practice the reach of cultural activities as a connecting element between the Roma and the majority society in the Czech Republic,
- to obtain feedback on the work of Roma music artists in the form of cooperation with music critics in the Czech Republic.
The innovation of the project consists in:
- the use of VR 3D technology 180°×180° in the audiovisual music work,
- the theme itself of the audiovisual music work promotes topics related to the Roma minority in the Czech Republic,
- the connection of live performances and audiovisual music works.
The main activities:
- new music audisovisual work – Culture Break Borders,
- Ostrava 2023 Festival,
- critique of Audiovisual Works.
The primary target groups of the project will be:
- 15 musical subjects from the ranks of Roma musicians,
- 15 beginning Roma music artists and 5 advanced Roma music artists,
- 100 participants in the Culture Break Borders seminar,
- 7,500 spectators of the Ostrava 2023 festival,
- 4 critics in the field – contemporary art, music.
Secondary groups will be:
- the general public in the Czech Republic and abroad,
- professional cultural community,
- Roma music and non-music artists,
- experts in the field of Roma inclusion.
The project has 2 partners from the Czech Republic and 1 partner from Norway.
The project was supported by grant support from the EEA and Norway Funds 2014 and 2021.
The Culture Breaks Borders project wants to strengthen the business of Roma musical artists in the Czech Republic
The Culture Breaks Borders project wants to strengthen the business of Roma musical artists in the Czech Republic. Culture Breaks Borders is a project which, according to its manager Markéta Bubik, aims to increase awareness of Roma musical culture, Roma musical artists and important cultural events. More in the interview prepared by Dušan Vágai.
RomFest Skalky 2023 in Nové Jičín will open its doors shortly, on July 22, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. He is internationally known for a number of solo albums and joint projects with leading musicians of various genres. Learn more HERE.
Production of video clips of Roma music groups and artists
2 summary video clips of 15 selected music groups and artists:
Video clips of 15 selected Roma music groups and artists:
1. MILAN GÁBOR / PŘEROV / MALE MAN
2. DÁŠENKA A LIONEL LALÍKOVI / OLOMOUC / NOCAMI NESPÍM
3. IVANA HORVÁTHOVÁ / TŘINEC / PHEN DEVLA
4. RENEK KOTLÁR / ČESKÝ TĚŠÍN / harmonika
5. KMOTR BAND / FRÝDEK MÍSTEK / PAL AMENDE BEŠEL
6. ADAM ITZZ / PŘEROV / MOJE ZDROJE
7. KLAUDIE DANIŠOVÁ / PŘEROV / ŠUNES MAN
8. GIPSY DUO / KARVINÁ / AMARO DROM RODAS
9. GIPSY KINGS REVIVAL / PENČICE / LA FANTAZIA
10. OLYMP / PŘEROV / ŠUKAR TU SAL
11. JOSEF IŠTÁNEK / NAPAJEDLA / SAM BACHTALE
12. ROMAN MIRGA / PŘEROV / ŠUNEN MAN JAJ ROMALE
13. KAMILA RICHTEROVÁ / PŘEROV / SAR ČI KHANGERI
14. KOTLÁROVCI / TŘINEC / HELLOBABY
15. MILAN KLEMPÁR / PŘEROV / ŠAJLALALA
5 unselected musical groups and performers:
- IMPERIO / PŘEROV
- PAVEL MIRGA / PŘEROV
- DAVID KANDRÁČ / VALAŠSKÉ MEZIŘÍČÍ
- IVANA KANDRÁČOVÁ / VSETÍN
- MUROVCI BAND / ZLÍN
Seminar - Use of cultural activities in the integration of Roma
Seminar program on Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. in Ostrava
- Introductory information and presentation of the project
- Information about project outputs
- Visit to the City Campus of the University of Ostrava and discussion with a representative of the marketing department of the University of Ostrava
- Excursion at the logistics center of the applicant member
- Discussion with Josef Stojka, chairman of the Union of Olašské Roma z.s. and a member of the government council for national minorities on the topic of culture in the field of inclusion in Norway with transfer to the Czech Republic
- Networking with members of the Union of Olašské Roma z.s. and representative of Ostrava University
Seminar program on Saturday, May 13, 2023, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Přerov
- Presentation of the musical audiovisual work Culture Break Borders
- Discussion with the participants of the seminar on the topic of culture in the field of inclusion in Norway with transfer to the Czech Republic in the report of the lecturer of the Norwegian partner Frode Barth from the company Culture Break Bordes
- Musical sample of the repertoire of three members of the Association of Roma Music Artists in the Czech Republic 10. Discussion
RECORD FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE
Project: Culture break borders
Applicant: Ozvučovací agentura Serendipity s.r.o.
- Ing. BARAN Aleš – director
- Ing. REICHEL Maxmilián, managing director of Ozvučovací agentura Serendipity s.r.o.
- BERNÁTOVÁ Marcela – junior project manager
- Bc. BUBIK Markéta – project manager and head of the press conference
- representatives of the media and the public
The press conference took place on Tuesday 6th September at 13:30 in Prerov.
Representatives of the project implementer were Ing. Aleš Baran, Ing. Maxmilián Reichel, Marcela Bernátová and Bc. Markéta Bubik. Several representatives of the media and the public was attended this conference.
The project was presented first in Czech and then in English by the project manager Marcela Bernátová, see the description in the attachement of this record.
Afterwards, managing director Ing. Maxmilián Reichel explained the idea of this project.
The next speaker was the project manager Ing. Aleš Baran, who described the circumstances how he and his team found a partner and what the upcoming activities of this project will be.
Representatives of the media and the public had no questions on the topic.
A video recording of the conference is presented on the website www.iamthesound.eu and social media.
In Prerov, September 15th 2022
The registration was made by: Bc. BUBIK Markéta
The registration was approved by: Ing. BARAN Aleš