EHP AND NORWEGIAN FUNDS - PROJECT CULTURE BREAK BORDERS
April 2022 – March 2024
The main goal of the project is to strengthen the business of Roma music artists in the Czech Republic in the music and cultural industry by 31 March 2024.
The secondary objectives are:
- to raise awareness in society about Romani musical culture, Romani musical artists and important cultural events with Romani participation,
- to alleviate the social exclusion of the Roma through their increased involvement in the music and cultural industry,
- in cooperation with the Norwegian partner to test in practice the reach of cultural activities as a connecting element between the Roma and the majority society in the Czech Republic,
- to obtain feedback on the work of Roma music artists in the form of cooperation with music critics in the Czech Republic.
The innovation of the project consists in:
- the use of VR 3D technology 180°×180° in the audiovisual music work,
- the theme itself of the audiovisual music work promotes topics related to the Roma minority in the Czech Republic,
- the connection of live performances and audiovisual music works.
The main activities:
- new music audisovisual work – Culture Break Borders,
- Ostrava 2023 Festival,
- critique of Audiovisual Works.
The primary target groups of the project will be:
- 15 musical subjects from the ranks of Roma musicians,
- 15 beginning Roma music artists and 5 advanced Roma music artists,
- 100 participants in the Culture Break Borders seminar,
- 7,500 spectators of the Ostrava 2023 festival,
- 4 critics in the field – contemporary art, music.
Secondary groups will be:
- the general public in the Czech Republic and abroad,
- professional cultural community,
- Roma music and non-music artists,
- experts in the field of Roma inclusion.
The project has 2 partners from the Czech Republic and 1 partner from Norway.
The project was supported by grant support from the EEA and Norway Funds 2014 and 2021.
RECORD FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE
Project: Culture break borders
Applicant: Ozvučovací agentura Serendipity s.r.o.
- Ing. BARAN Aleš – director
- Ing. REICHEL Maxmilián, managing director of Ozvučovací agentura Serendipity s.r.o.
- BERNÁTOVÁ Marcela – junior project manager
- Bc. BUBIK Markéta – project manager and head of the press conference
- representatives of the media and the public
The press conference took place on Tuesday 6th September at 13:30 in Prerov.
Representatives of the project implementer were Ing. Aleš Baran, Ing. Maxmilián Reichel, Marcela Bernátová and Bc. Markéta Bubik. Several representatives of the media and the public was attended this conference.
The project was presented first in Czech and then in English by the project manager Marcela Bernátová, see the description in the attachement of this record.
Afterwards, managing director Ing. Maxmilián Reichel explained the idea of this project.
The next speaker was the project manager Ing. Aleš Baran, who described the circumstances how he and his team found a partner and what the upcoming activities of this project will be.
Representatives of the media and the public had no questions on the topic.
A video recording of the conference is presented on the website www.iamthesound.eu and social media.
In Prerov, September 15th 2022
The registration was made by: Bc. BUBIK Markéta
The registration was approved by: Ing. BARAN Aleš